If you would like to join Fidonet Net 282, serving the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, you will need to do the following things:
(1) Procure and read a copy of the Fidonet Policy Document.
(2) Procure a recent copy of the Fidonet Nodelist from an active Fidonet node .
(3) Configure your FTS compliant front-end mailer as 1:282/9999.
(4) Send a netmail message to the Net 282 Network Coordinator (NC) at 1:282/0 with the application information requested in Section 2.2 of the Fidonet Policy Document.
(5) Leave your front-end mailer up and running. Expect to hear from the NC by netmail within two weeks.
(6) OR, You can complete this online application and it will be forwarded to the appropriate coordinator and you should be contacted by netmail within two weeks.